So here's the story.


I'm afraid of mediocrity. I'm afraid that if I don't do anything with my life, it'll be worth nothing. I don't need to change the world... but I need to change MY world.

In 2011, the year I turn 21, I'm setting out to achieve twenty one goals. Twenty one things that must be completed by 11:59 pm, December 31, 2011.

This is my journal.

This is the story of how I defeated mediocrity.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

One Down, Twenty To Go...



GOAL #13: Ride the Indian Pacific - COMPLETE!

Realistically, the list now looks like this in terms of what I've actually completed:

1. Record a five song EP
2. Get my motorcycle license
3. Donate blood
4. Busk for a day
5. Take a solo road trip
6. Cook dinner for me and five friends
7. See a game of sport, a concert, a comedy show, a musical and a theatre production
8. Paint a self-portrait
9. Learn a song on piano (or any instrument that's not guitar)
10. Read 12 important books
11. Create a 10-minute arthouse film
12. Do a 365 Photo Challenge
13. Ride the Indian Pacific
14. Do City 2 Surf and the Perth Freeway Bike Hike
15. Spend a month following a type of meditation
16. Write a NaNoWriMo novel
17. Get a tailor-made suit
18. Get kissed on a beach at night
19. *Hidden goal*
20. Begin learning Sign Language
21. Spend New Year's Eve at Times Square, New York

Onward, to more goals!

-Adam

2 comments:

  1. You're right, I'm only here for the bit after the end.

    Hurray for crossing off a goal! Don't get too down on yourself about not getting through the list quicker. You'll get there. Or you won't. Either way you'll have done Some Things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow but steady. Alot of your list are eventual goals. Like the licence, the 365 photos and the books.

    But you know you could make 5 people + a few more dinner next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete