So here's the story.


I'm afraid of mediocrity. I'm afraid that if I don't do anything with my life, it'll be worth nothing. I don't need to change the world... but I need to change MY world.

In 2011, the year I turn 21, I'm setting out to achieve twenty one goals. Twenty one things that must be completed by 11:59 pm, December 31, 2011.

This is my journal.

This is the story of how I defeated mediocrity.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Walls That Hold Me Inside

What up.

Funnily enough, I'm struggling to fill out the last four goals, although I have lowered it to two:

1. Record a five song EP
2. Get my motorcycle license
3. Donate blood
4. Busk for a day
5. Take a solo road trip
6. Cook dinner for me and five friends
7. See a game of sport, a concert, a comedy show, a musical and a theatre production
8. Paint a self-portrait
9. Learn a song on piano (or any instrument that's not guitar)
10. Read 12 important books
11. Create a 10-minute arthouse film
12. Create a photo album that represents my life
13. Ride the Indian Pacific
14. Do City 2 Surf and the Perth Freeway Bike Hike
15. Spend a month following a type of meditation
16. Write a NaNoWriMo novel
17.
18.
19. *Hidden Goal*
20. Begin learning Sign Language
21. Spend New Year's Eve at Times Square, New York

I changed #14: 'Run a marathon' to 'Do City 2 Surf and the Perth Freeway Bike Hike' in order to cover charities and marathons in one go. I also wanted to do the Million Paws Walk for the RSPCA but unfortunately I don't have a dog... boo.

That said, number 20 on the list is actually quite a big one. I've always wanted to learn another language and I think sign language is something different - not to mention helpful. It's not a defined goal as such, there's no 'ending' to it, but I want to at least make a start and commit to learning it for good.

Number 19 is a hidden goal because it's something quite personal that I'll only reveal if it is achieved. This isn't to save myself from embarassment of failing - to be honest, I'm wondering if failing one of the goals I've set might be a good thing - but rather because it's not something I can reveal without ruining it.

These last two are really killing me. HELP ALREADY.



I'm posting this video in order to test Blogger's YouTube capabilities - I bought a Bloggie camera the other day so I'll be uploading all my videos onto YouTube. This is a silly thing I made with a friend a year and a half ago - but awesome.

I'm cool, I swear.

Please give me suggestions for these last two goals or I'll go insane before the end of the year! Follow/subscribe/thankyou for doing so already.

-Adam

2 comments:

  1. My Mum can probably help you out with the sign language thing. How are you intending to learn? If you're using some sort of self-teaching method, she can help if you have questions. I've probably told you before that my grandparents on my Mum's side are deaf. But I can do the alphabet and swears and that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny because posting from the ilof account means that comment could technically have been from either of the Macri sisters but IT DOESN'T MATTER IT MEANS THE SAME THING BECAUSE WE HAVE THE SAME MUM. Although one of us can also do the first verse of 'Heal the World' in sign language and the other can't.

    ReplyDelete