So here's the story.


I'm afraid of mediocrity. I'm afraid that if I don't do anything with my life, it'll be worth nothing. I don't need to change the world... but I need to change MY world.

In 2011, the year I turn 21, I'm setting out to achieve twenty one goals. Twenty one things that must be completed by 11:59 pm, December 31, 2011.

This is my journal.

This is the story of how I defeated mediocrity.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

What's In A Name

Is anyone else a huge fan of just naming stuff? If my job could be 'official street namer' or name of anything I'd totally do it.

And because I'm not really any closer to achieving any of my goals due to the aforementioned 'workworkwork' that is my life, here are a bunch of fun things to do with my name or names I've come up with for things.

MY NAME IF I WAS A...

Pirate: Keel-Haulin' Palgrave Smythe
Gangsta: Chewy tha Canadian
Mexican Wrestler: El Griego en los Pantalones
Taxi Driver: Smóggindakrak Smith
Ninja: Katekarin Rikukano
Fairy: Spider Demonembers
Dog: Ixub (wtf?)
Roman: Caecilius Aemilius Valensus
Anime Character: Camui "Hairspray" Yamada
Prince: Prince Nicolas Daniel Octavian di Petrodale
Superhero: Corporal Rusty
Supervillain: Escar Black

I WOULD NAME MY...

Pub: The Splendrous Ocelot
Band: The Superior Siberian Economy

If I think of more I'll add them later.

On a quick note, if anyone reading this has been to England, have you noticed how many times the same names show up for pubs? I usually visit Hebden Bridge/Burnley area in Lancashire and I swear I've seen no less than three 'White Lion' pubs. When I go over this time I'm going to keep score of how many times I see each name and will post the results. For great justice.

-Adam

3 comments:

  1. I also like to name things. Particularly my Pokemon. I like your alternate names, the pirate one is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine usually come about more by accident than design (e.g., my rapper name, Incongruous B)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YES, the pubs are ridiculous for all having the same name.

    I like your supervillain name.

    ReplyDelete