So here's the story.


I'm afraid of mediocrity. I'm afraid that if I don't do anything with my life, it'll be worth nothing. I don't need to change the world... but I need to change MY world.

In 2011, the year I turn 21, I'm setting out to achieve twenty one goals. Twenty one things that must be completed by 11:59 pm, December 31, 2011.

This is my journal.

This is the story of how I defeated mediocrity.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

And the winner is...

"The Swan", with six occurrences during my two week trip through various parts of England!

A few posts back I said that I'd write down the names of various pubs, country houses etc in order to find the most popular name. And lo and behold, that I did! Here are some of the most popular names:

The Swan: 6
The White Lion: 4
The Royal Oak: 4
The White Horse: 2
The Pack Horse: 2
The Black Horse: 2
The Bay Horse: 2
The Crown: 2
The Rose and Crown: 2

And here are some of the more interesting:

The Lord Moon of the Mall
The Spread Eagle
The Akbar (I kid you not!)
The Craven Heifer
Fanny's Ale House
Don't Tell Titus

During our many car rides through the country, I wrote down a few notes on stuff:

My dad says 'it's a nice little town is this' a LOT. Like, so many times. Every time we entered a small town. England is full of 'nice little towns'. Apparently.

I want to be eighty years old and still drink chocolate milk because that's pretty badass.

What's in the middle of West Ham and East Ham? Just Ham? Is it a Ham sandwich? AHAHAHAH moving on.

England has these things called 'services' which are basically petrol stations and a few restaurants on the side of the motorways every now and again. While driving down towards London from Lancashire, we went past one particular services with a sex shop right next to it. Was strange. Why do you need to stop at an adult store on your trip down the motorway?

I am most definitely a city person and not a country one. I'd love to live in London one day.

I had pancakes one morning. I described them as 'a reservoir of maple syrup'.

Waiters would make good motorbike riders because of the way they turn (like they lean into corners and stuff).

That's all I got. Be back with another video next week. Possibly a humorous blog entry sooner!

-Adam

2 comments:

  1. LOLOLOL I liked the Ham joke so much that I told Levi. He wasn't as amused as I was. I hate pancakes like that! Maple syrup is not my scene, brah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE AKBAR???? Oh my god. And I agree with Emily, the ham joke was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete