So here's the story.


I'm afraid of mediocrity. I'm afraid that if I don't do anything with my life, it'll be worth nothing. I don't need to change the world... but I need to change MY world.

In 2011, the year I turn 21, I'm setting out to achieve twenty one goals. Twenty one things that must be completed by 11:59 pm, December 31, 2011.

This is my journal.

This is the story of how I defeated mediocrity.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Midweek Philosophies (See: Ranting)

Just wanted to post a couple of things I've been thinking.

First, I'm four days into the project and already I feel as though I'm not doing enough to change. I'm still sitting back and procrastinating on tasks I should be doing. Not on the goals; mind you, but on things like reading my bible regularly or rehearsing my music and mundane things like that. Have I not changed at all? Call me impatient, but this is the kind of thing I'm trying to eradicate from my life, and it frustrates me that I'm still no more inclined to do important things like these and others than I was last year. Why can't I find that motivation?

I've come to realise that I really like living for those big moments. I love feeling... how to describe it? 'Grandiose' emotions? That climactic scene in a movie where the guy and the girl kiss, or standing on a hill watching the sun rise, or meeting a loved one at the airport. Seeing new things. I figure that's kind of what I'm trying to do with the project, especially with things like the Indian Pacific and New York goals. I want to have experiences, to actually live instead of exist.

They're just some things I wanted to say.

-Adam

1 comment:

  1. I know I shouldn't say "Well, it IS only four days in" - but it is. There are still 361 to go. And if you aren't inspired to do something RIGHT NOW, you don't need to push it. Which I know could very well be an excuse someone could use for six months, but I don't think you're that way inclined. Just be less harsh on yourself! It will happen, I'm sure.

    Speaking of airport meetings - I watched about a zillion of them while I was waiting for Brad at the international airport today. They are the best.

    ReplyDelete